Colorado Skating Club is one of the many skating clubs from across the United States which makes up United States Figure Skating Association. As your local figure skating partner and your link to USFSA we welcome your participation and look forward to providing you and your family a wonderful experience!
Colorado Skating Club has been supporting skating excellence since 1972. The club was founded by the late Peggy DeLio who not only had a passion for figure skating but was also the heart and soul of Showtime on Ice, a long standing Denver area ice show. CSC proudly recognizes internationally recognized skating champions Scott Hamilton, Dorothy Hamill, and Paul Wylie as its members. CSC continues to foster great skating talent as our skaters participate in local, regional and sectional competitions each year.
CSC was founded upon important principles which remain true today: character, integrity and sportsmanship. We support our skating community with enthusiasm, professionalism and a commitment to education. We encourage your participation, foster your skating passion/discipline and finally, champion your journey through the world of figure skating.
We look forward to seeing you around the rink!
Colorado Skating Club
Paula Ashen, Brent Hogan, Ken Floyd (new), Jamie Lane-Youtsey, Megan Robinson, Jessica Williams (new), Paula Kroell (new), Gerry Lane – professional advisor
Thank you to following individuals for their service leadership and commitment to Colorado Skating Club as club officers, committee chairs and team members:
President/MHFSA Representative – Chris Kanive
Past President – Kitty DeLio LaForte
Vice President– Kitty DeLio LaForte
Secretary/USFSA Sanctions – Linda DelBianco
Treasurer – Joanne Cohen
Cup of Colorado Competition Team – *Valerie Powell, *Mike Maciolek, Julie Morris, Kitty DeLio-LaForte
Safe Sport Committee – *Brent Hogan, Chris Kanive
Membership Team – Jill Guerrero
Club Apparel Team – Jamie Lane Youtsey
Club Ice Committee – Paula Kroell, Jessica Williams
Testing Team – Susan Kim
Annual Banquet Committee – Debbie Lane, Jamie Lane-Youtsey
Club Communications (Email News) – Jessica Williams
Bulletin Boards – Paula Kroell
Website – Ali Smith-Wegrzyn, Carrie Ochitwa
Social Media – Jamie Lane-Youtsey (Instagram), Jessica Williams (FaceBook)
Grievance Committee – Paula Ashen, Kitty DeLio LaForte, Gerry Lane
Showtime on Ice Committee Representatives – Valerie Powell, Claudia Kanive, Jennifer Lemoine
Professional Advisor – Gerry Lane
Coach Representative – Jamie Lane-Youtsey
* denotes committee chair, bolded names are Colorado Skating Club Board Members
Colorado Skating Club Junior Board
President – Madison Powell
Vice President – Mia Mayerhofer
Secretary – Kimmy Huckabee
Social Media Coordinators: Carla Torres, Madison Hansen
Bulletin Board Coordinators at SSIA: Emily Mayerhofer, Samantha Guerrero, Anapaula Floyd
Bulletin Board Coordinators at Family Sports: Hayley Robinson, Paige Tack
Events Coordinator: Paige Tack
Advisors – Laura Doty Gaumond
Paula Ashen, Linda K. DelBianco, Kitty DeLio-LaForte, Connie Hillebrecht, Sara Knight, Miki Ohata, Claudia Sipan
Honorary Club Members:
Dorothy Hamill, Scott Hamilton, Paul Wylie
Honorary Board Members:
In Loving Memory we remember the following honorary board members for their dedication, service and legacy:
Honorary Board Members:
Joe DeLio, Peggy DeLio, Doug Goss,
Honorary Club Members:
John Curry, Norma Sahlin
From CSC President
Dear CSC Families and Skaters,
I was recently elected as the Colorado Skating Club President at our June board meeting and would like to take a minute to discuss my agenda for the upcoming years with the club. Most importantly, I would like to thank Kitty DeLio-LaForte for all her diligent work as your previous club president and for transitioning the role to me in a way that will enable success.
This year, we are going to focus on growing our club membership, engaging our incredibly talented and sharp-minded junior board and raising private investment through: sponsorship, donation and fund-raising. As we begin to tackle each of these initiatives, we will keep you up to date on our progress and look to your support to help drive them.
We are in the middle of competition and test season and many of our skaters are making big strides with both disciplines. As a reminder, please remember to renew your membership with Colorado Skating Club so that you can continue with both competitions and test sessions. Additionally, when you are filling out your membership forms, please indicate where you would like to volunteer your time to help with some of the committees that are always looking for additional support (Cup of Colorado, CSC Website, Showtime on Ice, Club Ice).
I am a firm believer in having open lines of communication. Skaters and parents should feel free to reach out to me with any ideas, concerns, comments, etc. Moreover, I would like to encourage EVERYONE to follow us on Instagram at (coloradoskatingclub) or our Junior Board at (cscjrboard). If you do not have an Instagram account – ask the skater in your house to help you out! Thank you to Jessica Williams for heading up our FaceBook posts and Jamie Lane Youtsey for her work on Instagram. These ladies are diligent and consistent with their news posts. Please continue reading our constant stream of news through our fabulous web master Carrie Ochitwa. Our informative email blasts are sent by our very hardworking, Ali Smith Wegrzyn. If you have CSC News to be posted, please send to Carrie and I at the club e-mail address (email@example.com). Catch the latest news on our website and bulletin boards as they are updated frequently!
See you on or around the ice!
Chris Kanive, CSC President
The skating professionals in Colorado Skating Club have received some of the highest honors in the sport of figure skating – gold medalists, national/world competitors and many educational credentials from PSA and other related organizations. We are proud to call these fine professionals members of Colorado Skating Club!
For specific information on a given coach, please visit “Our Coaches” (sidebar at right)
- Debbie Lane phone 303/470-8391 email firstname.lastname@example.org rate $82/hour, $75/hour for LTS ◆ Teaching experience since 1976 ◆...
- Gerry Lane phone 303/798-7881, ext. 304 (work) 303/470-8391 (home) email GerryL@sspr.org rate $82/hr; $75/hr for LTS ◆...
- Diane Miller phone 602/791-1474 email diane@GrandMayan.net rate $105/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 1974 ◆ PSA...
- Julie Morris-McKenny phone 720/201-1391 email email@example.com rate $81/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 1988 ◆ PSA Master...
- Jamie Lane-Youtsey phone 303/880-2498 email J7lane@yahoo.com rate $66/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 2007 ◆ PSA Certified Rating...
- Ali Smith-Wegrzyn phone 303/241-8819 email firstname.lastname@example.org rate $66/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 2007 ◆ PSA Registered Rating...
- Jody Sigman phone 303/908-2583 email email@example.com rate $60/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 1984 ◆ PSA Master Rating...
- Jessica Williams phone 210/865-3881 email firstname.lastname@example.org rate $66/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 2005 ◆...
- Justin Gaumond phone 720-203-3097 email email@example.com rate $60/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 2005 ◆ Principal Pair...
- Tony Dicus phone 404-316-3139 email firstname.lastname@example.org rate $70/hour ◆ Teaching experience since 1995 ◆ PSA and USFS...
- Sacha Lalonde phone 202/270-3830 email mailto:email@example.com rate $60/hour (Learn to Skate) $70/hour (Pre-Preliminary and above) ◆...
- Sally Smith phone 303/241-8817 email firstname.lastname@example.org rate $60/hour ◆ PSA member since 1993 ◆ Presenter at PSA...